In a September blog post we talked about the health risk that laundry and dish soap packs posed to children. Because of their bright colors, many children across the nation, including here in California, were mistaking them for candy. When accidentally ingested, the children became incredibly ill and many medical experts warned that if a large enough amount was unintentionally ingested, it could put a child at risk of death as well.
Nearly all of us have heard of some type of seemingly innocuous challenge at least once in our lives. From holding objects in your mouth to the infamous challenge of eating a certain number of soda crackers without drinking any water, these games may seem innocent enough, but many medical experts are saying that they're more dangerous than people think.
For those of you who may be frequent readers of our blog, we aim to give consumers information about products they may use every day and may not know that they could be potentially harmful to not only themselves but to their families as well. Much like the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, we often times alert people to product recalls; and although we know that accidents may still occur, we feel that it should never be because of a manufacturer's negligence.
Parents in California and around the world know how wonderful-and nerve wracking-it can be having kids. Most of the time we pay little mind to the fact that they won't eat the small bit of broccoli on their plate or the fact that they just flushed daddy's car keys down the toilet for the second time this month.
As many California residents know, it is extremely important to stay on top of the latest recalls. This is especially true if you have children.
Many California residents probably do not realize that the seemingly harmless remote controls on their coffee tables can serve as a hazard to their children. A new study reports that button batteries, which are commonly used in electronics, are becoming a big problem for kids. These small, circular batteries have led to a significant amount of battery-related emergency room visits over the past few decades. Ultimately, these batteries are transforming safe items into dangerous products.