Few injuries are worse than burns.
On the scale of 1-10 for pain, a burn injury is an 8, 9, 10 - or higher - if you have the energy to tell the nurse when she asks.
We are no strangers to tough cases - like burn injuries.
We know what pain and suffering means to you and how badly you need justice and compensation when your injury was caused by another person's or company's negligence.
We represented clients burned in the San Bruno pipeline explosion.
- In 2010, eyewitness reports described a wall of fire 1,000 feet high - a Pacific Gas & Electric pipeline had exploded, causing eight deaths and injuring many others. The explosion registered as a 1.1 magnitude earthquake.
Burns happen many different ways:
- Speeding, drunk driving, texting while driving can all cause a car crash that sparks a fire
- An auto defect from poor design or manufacturing that causes an explosion
- Construction accidents involving flammable materials or hot tools
- Problems with dangerous or defective industrial machinery
From a house fire to a chemical burn, the damage is both immediate and long lasting. Our burn injury clients must suffer through multiple surgeries and the possibility of permanent scars on their bodies.
A burn injury can be life-changing.
(But it doesn't mean the end of good things in your life.)
At Girardi | Keese, we're known for having worked on the toxic tort case against PG&E that sickened the residents of Hinkley, Calif., with cancer and other ailments in the 1990s. The case was made famous by the film Erin Brockovich. Since then, we've gone on to help many more people in a wide variety of high-profile and challenging cases.
- Girardi | Keese has fought long and hard in thousands of "David vs. Goliath" cases throughout the country since 1965.
- Over the years, the lawyers of Girardi | Keese have recovered more than $10 billion for injured and defrauded clients.
- The entire focus of Girardi | Keese is helping individuals (and their families) who suffer physical, emotional and/or financial harm because of the negligent or deliberate actions of other people and companies.