Solving Business Problems on a Contingency Fee Basis
When a small business has been cheated by a larger business, the small business has to weigh the risks carefully. If it pays a lawyer hourly rates, what are the chances of success in a commercial litigation lawsuit? When you add in the fact that the other business has an army of lawyers and resources to fight back, what choice does a small business have?
At Girardi | Keese, we have the resources to shoulder the risks of commercial disputes and the experience to stand up against large companies — without the hourly expense. Call us at (800) 401-4530 or send us an email.
Our solution: Contingency-based commercial litigation.
We have a contingency-based commercial law practice for two reasons:
- An hourly fee does not always lead to the prompt, efficient resolution of an issue. An hourly fee can be seen as a conflict of interest because dragging an issue out can increase attorney fees. The other side knows this, and they make lawsuits as expensive as possible for the plaintiff.
- We do not like to see big companies behave like bullies in the marketplace. If a company is not playing by the rules, they should be held accountable for the damages.
A commercial dispute can distract a business from day-to-day management and planning for the future. For a small business, not resolving the problem can mean significant losses. The price of resolving the problem, however, includes money, time and considerable risk.
- Settling a breach of contract dispute or partnership dispute can require months or even years of negotiations.
- When an insurance company denies a claim saying that your loss was not covered, your only option may be a lawsuit for insurance bad faith.
- Intellectual property can be your business's most valuable asset. If it is stolen or compromised, you may need to take the matter into court.
By putting the risk and legal burden into the hands of a law firm with more than 40 years of experience, you can focus your time and effort on managing your business.
If you are a business attorney who is concerned about a client's legal costs or if you are a business owner or manager concerned about the cost of litigation, contact us. We represent clients in California and nationwide.